Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Updates

Revising the battle report for the 2s tourney at GW last Saturday. Will post in a day or so.

Games Workshop is having a contest for painting the new Daemon Prince model for the Daemons. Extra points for originality, customization etc. I've already see Mike's (the manager) Prince and if that's the standard than I'm golden. Deadline is the 28th.

In addition, with my kick-ass work at the last 2s tourney I am pleased to say that for the next 2v2 tournament I will officially be paired up with one Rob Mcclintock!We're already fine tuning our lists. That's right, I've broken him; the WOlves shall join me in another campaign of daring, danger and ddrrrrramaaaaa!

On a final note, I'd just like to thank our veteran players who never took it easy on me during our personal games. Starting out as Tau against long time players .. against Chaos Marines, Space Wolves and Orks; playing near impossible matches like this has sharpened me into a better player, i feel. There are so many pro players with WAY more popular armies than mine that were incapable of taking my doubles teams down, even in the worst situations. Between both 2v2 tournaments, the most myself and chris and me and mike lost by was one kill point against 2000 pts of orks and one objective when me and chris played the Nids/Daemon players. So... thanks for whipping me into shape, now if I could just get the god damn math commited to memory : /

I'm playing Rob on Saturday and I'm on vacation the week of Aug 30th. I'm gonna try to play as much 40k as I can. I need to try a bunch of Daemon army lists to fine-tune them

4 comments:

  1. So by thanking the veteran players, you are thanking everyone but me and Susmita. FU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, when I was playing against you two it was slightly less painful to get assraped as Tau at times. We all (me you and susmita) learned the game from Rob and Chris and Obrien. Orkz and Wolves are turbo dicks. After starting off playing against Rob and Chris' brutal bastard armies, the sky was zee f'ing limit in the tourney matches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. try playing only rob for a couple years. Not to mentioned a weak ork army (boys were 9 points a model) now 6 (and they had rapid fire weapons) which was horrible

    rapid fire! made no sense! in that edition!

    2 things ! I know robs doing the 2v2 so he can field his TWC models.

    i'll do the next one and bring BA's and ORKS
    , i'll have corey shoot the Dev squads

    lastly. When we playing.

    My friday and saturday this weekend are already spoken for. I know your off all next week. SOO.

    I got work sunday night. But will be off till wed night.

    So monday night we can play! would be best.

    Orks vs Chaos hordes. Id be up for a tuesday evening game too! for some BA action!

    P.S.

    You know i never went soft on you in our games. *thats what she said*

    ReplyDelete
  4. yea, playing against you guys was tough as shit. tough love!

    ReplyDelete