Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Furious Charge!

A Kill Team inspired model

The assigning of USRs got me thinking that I wanted to make a model that really said "furious charge". Though it isn't as epic of a pose that was in my head, my limited conversion skills seem to have gotten the job done for the most part.

This actually took quite some time to put together (literally hours). Both hands were cut and repositioned at the wrist as well as the pommel and cross guard/blade. The back of the torso, which with these robed legs is attached, had to be cut off so I could twist the torso slightly up and back - I had to go back and green stuff the robed area to fill where it met his rope belt.

The only qualm I have is how the left shoulder pad does not manage to cover what would be the shoulder of the that arm effectively. I probably should have made another cut, removing the arm's shoulder and placing it the correct position and fill the gap with green stuff. Maybe I can go back and do a little clean up once he's all dry.

All in all, I like it. Batter's up... Going to knock some xeno heads out of the ball park!



Maybe a helmet-less head with a more rage-filled looking, yelling-type face could add to the furiousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment