Sunday, March 21, 2010

This weekends games?

Any pics or battle info from Tyranids vs Rob? Any other games take place?

Had an event on Saturday with the gf, a Christening on Sun and then Drew's BBQ. No 40k for me's this weekend :(

Susmita you wanna do a Tau vs Daemonhunters or a Farsight Enclave vs Eldar 1850 game this weekend maybe?


From Ed --------

2000 point Nids vs Wolves
Used Battle missions book. Played the necron mission Reconnaissance in Force, Mike using the Nids instead of Necrons (Mike feel free to add as you see fit).

Here is Rob's commentary:
"There where 3 objectives and before deployment Mike had to write down what board edge he would be walking in from. Next I had to deploy, but a unit had to be 12 inches from a board edge. That was a tough deployment as then Nids had charge range from 3 out of the 4 sides and I did't know where he was coming in at. Mike and I both thought I would be wiped out by turn 3.

As it turned out I was 18 inches away and he was going to need 6s on his fleet rolls to make combat (yeah for the wolves). On my turn one I got to do the charging. Anyway, the game was filled with massive combats (which I did not want to be in, but had no choice) and a few brutal short ranged fire fights (wolves giving and Nids receiving). Neither a lot of maneuvering nor long range heavy weapons fight. Just meat grinder combats. It was one of the most bloody games I have played.

Game went 5 turns and ended with a win for the Wolves. I held one objective with a 8 man GH. I contested another objective with a lone Rune Priest with one wound. and I contested the other with a immobolized dread. Mike had 2 zonethropes, squad of 4 termaguants, squad of 3 termaguants, and 3 hive guard hiding away in a back corner.

I was expencting a massacare but got a win. I'm loving PF in my GHs."

2 comments:

  1. haha so we've decided that "Make A Note" *does* actually mean WRITE IT DOWN!!! Good good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I asked Rob about that and he said the battle missions book said specifically to write it down. So, "Make a Note" is technically still up in the air - though I'd play it as an actual physical note, written.

    ReplyDelete